Cooking With Cannabis
Many of the recipes in our cooking with Cannabis section require an amount of Cannabis butter. This can be made in advance and then stored for a few days ready for use. If you don’t plan on using the Cannabis butter for a week, it is better to freeze it in an air tight container for later use.
Preparing and making Cannabis butter is quick and simple, requiring very little equipment or cooking skill. Once prepared, it can be used as the basic ingredient in a wide number of the recipes we will be promoting in future posts.
Items and Ingredients
Large Saucepan with fitting lid
500 grams (1 block) unsalted butter
7 grams high quality bud or 1oz of shake (low grade)
- Boil the water in a reasonable sized pan, once boiling add in the butter, which will melt quicker if you chop it first.
- Bring the water and water to the boil so as the butter is completely melted, then turn the heat down to minimum.
- Add in the Cannabis, dry and finely chopped and simmer on a low heat for an hour.
- After an hour remove from the heat and allow to cool a little, stirring occasionally.
- Pour all the warm liquid through a small mesh strain, such as cheesecloth, collecting all the liquid in a clean container.
- Allow the liquid to cool completely, separating the butter from the water.
- Once completely cooled, cut the top layer of butter away from the water and store in an air-tight container for later use.